1. What size necklace should I get?
Most average adult males tend to get a 22″ necklace, whereas average adult females and children tend to get a 17″ or 18″ necklace. To be sure, we recommend measuring the perimeter around your neck in inches to see how a necklace would fit. The necklaces can be worn loose or snug; either way, the effectiveness will be the same.
2. How long will my Titanium Necklace last? Can I wash it? What will happen if it absorbs sweat?
The innovative Aqua-Titanium material has been fused into the fabric using Phiten’s unprecedented Phild (pronounced: “filed”) processing technology. Please do not be concerned about moisture, as Aqua-Titanium particles will not separate even if the fabric is washed or absorbs perspiration. The power of Aqua-Titanium is semi-permanent, which means the effect itself will never go away. Phild processing is applied not only to Aqua-Titanium particles, but to all the materials that comprises our Titanium Necklace.
3. How do I wash my necklace/bracelet?
We recommend hand-washing them occasionally with soap or laundry detergent and leaving them out to air-dry. If this is not enough, you can try using baking soda as well. Do not use bleach (even for white necklaces/bracelets) as this will change the color of the product. Washing the products excessively may speed up the wear and tear of the material.
4. Why is there a note on the package that says the Titanium Necklace must not be worn in a bath or sauna?
The power of Aqua-Titanium will never go away, but repeated wetting and drying of the fabric will accelerate the material’s wear and tear. Also, if the necklace contains any metal parts, these can heat up and cause discomfort or burns.
5. Why does the package say to keep the necklaces out of reach of children? Can my kids still wear Phiten?
The effectiveness of PHITEN products is safe for people of any age, including children. However, we advise that necklaces and other products are kept out of reach of small children to prevent any choking or swallowing of the product.
6. Are the products safe to use for people who are pregnant or have a pacemaker?
Yes. The effectiveness of PHITEN products is not harmful to anyone who is pregnant or has a pacemaker.
7. What is the difference between Titanium Discs and Titanium Tape?
The effects are the same. The only difference is the size and shape. The Titanium Discs can easily be placed directly on specific parts of the body, whereas the Titanium Tapes can cover greater areas and can be attached easily to your knee, elbow or other joints. For the sake of good hygiene, we recommend changing the tape after a period of heavy perspiration, as in the summertime.
8. Will the Titanium Discs or Tape cause problems if not attached properly?
No. There is no single method of applying or wrapping the Titanium Discs or Tape. Simply apply them to desired areas.
9. My skin gets a rash when it’s taped. What should I do?
It’s always good to test a small area of your skin first. You can also minimize skin irritation by applying Liquid Titanium Massage Lotion over the area and wait until the skin is dry before taping. We recommend reapplying the tape every 2 to 3 days (for hygienic reasons). If irritation or rash continues, please discontinue use and consult your physician.
10. How do I place the tapes on my body?
Please use the interractive program below to identify your trouble spots and understand how to apply the tapes.